July 23 - July 29
Documentary Songwriting is a unique, step-by-step method of co-writing music that fosters empathy and strengthens community.
It demystifies creativity and allows someone with no musical background to express their story through high-quality songs.
Documentary Songwriting has been used to enhance understanding between Turkish and Greek Cypriots at the UN Buffer Zone in Cyprus, to share the stories of Middle Eastern refugees seeking asylum in Belgium, and to honor women’s #MeToo stories. Our projects have been featured on TEDx and on NPR’s Morning Edition.
Our intensive training program gives you the tools you need to implement the DocSong Method in your own work and creative projects.
You will learn how to:
- Create a safe space that promotes vulnerability and creativity
- Use our model to help guide someone with no musical background through the songwriting process
- Dive deep into melodic design so you can co-write songs that stand the test of time
- Manage a songwriting session with a large group
- Create and implement your own Documentary Songwriting projects (fundraising, planning, networking, and marketing)
For more information, click HERE.